Are you a web developer who wants to build beautiful, functional sites which everyone can use? HeX is an established digital agency, passionate about accessibility, and we’re looking for an experienced web developer to join our dynamic, creative team.
Based in the centre of Nottingham, right next to the tram, we’re well connected to transport networks and an exciting mix of clients from public, private and charity sectors.
You’ll work on a variety of projects using and inspiring a codebase created by HeX, developing WordPress themes and plugins, PHP structured websites, as well as content management systems integration including Umbraco and TERMINALFOUR. Your role will involve meetings with national and international clients, working on everything from small e-commerce sites up to complex corporate multi-sites. Your skills will be challenged in an ever-changing environment for an intuitive and agile thinker.
- Ensuring designs comply with specifications
- Browser testing
- User testing
- Ensuring accessibility standards are strictly met
- Responsive layout testing
- Maintenance development and correction of identified bugs
- Recommending improvements
- Communicate regularly with team members, include content and design specialists
- Outstanding HTML and CSS, SCSS and LESS
- An understanding of W3C compliance
- Great knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Strong experience in WordPress theme development
- An understanding of version control
- An understanding of SEO
- SSH server management
- Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bower
- Experience of public speaking
Come and join our friendly office where sweepstakes, Spotify lists and pizza lunches are how we operate, and help us grow our digital empire with accessibility at its core.
How to apply
If you’re an agency, walk away, thanks but no thanks. If you are passionate and driven please send in your C.V, example projects and links to any of your code repositories. You can reach us on email@example.com or call us on 0115 888 2828.