A Social Media and Engagement Assistant is accountable for the quality and accessibility of digital content that is output across a number of social media and digital marketing platforms.
- Location: Nottingham with home working
- Job type: Full Time
- Starting salary: £18,000 per annum
Please note: NO agencies, we will hang up!
HeX Productions is a team of like-minded people who care for our clients and each other. We are looking for an ambitious individual who will treat the company as their own. You will be representing 20 years of personal dedication that created HeX Productions and will form a team of experts who strive for excellence in customer satisfaction.
HeX Productions has grown largely through word of mouth and recommendation but more recently through promotion of the passion that we have to create an accessible and inclusive digital world.
We work predominantly within the public sector and are looking for a Social Media and Engagement Assistant to support both our internal communications strategy, and that of our maintenance clients.
You will work closely with the entire team from the Digital Engagement Manager to the development and content team to promote accessible digital products, services and training.
The goal is to build a strong team of supported professionals who are an unstoppable force. Combining expertise in social media marketing, client and prospect engagement, whilst introducing and advocating new services to enhance our business offering.
Your role will form an integral part of our growth strategy and prospect outreach to enable us to reach more companies, maintain a healthy client base and provide more opportunities for the team to grow its expertise.
A Social Media and Engagement Assistant is accountable for the quality and accessibility of digital content that is output across a number of social media and digital marketing platforms. The aim is to encourage audience interaction, raise audience presence on company websites (ours and our clients), and encourage audience participation.
In this role, you will:
- have an in-depth knowledge of business products, processes and value proposition
- develop a knowledge of accessibility document creation and website auditing process
- produce accessible editorial content in the form of, blogs, videos, emails and social media posts, adapting and maintaining brand tone of voice for relevant audiences and platforms
- maintain the marketing assets library
- scheduling & managing all social media posts on Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- facilitate and engage social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- collaborate with and encourage influencer interaction
- grow brand awareness of company values through marketing activity, with a focus on driving traffic to the websites. This will include events, influencer and brand collaborations, supporting new product launches
- create and schedule quarterly newsletters according to the marketing calendar produced by the Digital Engagement Manager
- create persuasive and engaging content to create strong and engaging connections with customers and prospects at various points in the purchase journey, using automation and Zoho Bigin
- understand and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques in line with the Delivery Managers goals and objectives
You will work closely with the Digital Engagement Manager to enhance your knowledge on our products and services.
You will work as a team to track, measure, and report on social media content effectiveness by capturing and analysing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices on a monthly basis.
Together you will be strategically reactive to the monthly reporting and work to improve processes to increase engagement
Our products and services include but are not limited to:
- Accessible web development
- Accessible web design
- Accessible content creation, social media management and marketing
- Accessibility auditing and statement creation
- Accessibility training and consultancy in all of the above areas
Attitude and understanding
- Honest, hardworking, personable with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for making a difference in the world
- Enjoys being part of a close-knit team
- Understands that mistakes are part of growth and will take responsibility for their actions.
- Can take on technical information and complexity
- Confident in your ability but able to take feedback courteously
- Enjoys going above and beyond for the sake of the team
- A passion for personal development
- Open to new ideas but knows when to push back
- Proactive – our business is your business, be a proud team member
- Protects our values by keeping information confidential
- Enthusiastic, driven, ambitious
Essential knowledge and skills
- A minimum of 2 years in a similar role in the digital services industry
- Be organised with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage own time
- Communication is crucial, written, verbally & face to face presentation
- Search Engine Optimisation and keyword research techniques
- Advanced knowledge of social media scheduling tools
- Microsoft & Google Office Suites
- Ability to be reactive on emerging trends or topics of conversation
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Basic understanding of website development including HTML, CSS, ARIA
- Knowledge of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of digital accessibility for document creation and website auditing
Demonstrate your experience
- Social media planning and reporting
- Strategy for process improvement
- The ability to self-motivate and go above and beyond
- Listening and questioning
- Learns quickly
- Dealing with pressure
- Building relationships
Work hours & benefits
- Living Wage employers
- Typical working hours 37.5 with flexibility
- Out of hours attendance expected for conferences and events
- Accommodation, travel and expenses for business trips
- Travel to work schemes available
- Flexible office & remote working
- Personal development training budget and development days
- Team activity days
- Free refreshments at work (or we’ll send you a box of t-bags)
- Friday social
- Little surprises to show you we care
- Foody retrospectives
How to apply
If you’re an agency, walk away, thanks but no thanks. If you are passionate and driven please send in your C.V, example projects and any links showcasing your work.
You can reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0115 888 2828.