Service for local authorities (or public sector)
At HeX, we love local authority websites. James, our creative director cut his teeth working for a local authority, a few of our team have worked in council communications teams, and we have several local authority clients. So we understand what it’s like to be governed by councillors and accountable to taxpayers, and we know about juggling many services, lots of content types and tens of web editors. That’s why our services are tailored around your requirements.
We have a team of experienced developers working across a range of content management systems, such as TerminalFour, Umbraco and WordPress, and we can integrate with a range of e-commerce platforms and third party systems, so you can be sure of a seamless customer journey. As part of our local authority service, in addition to stylish, functional websites, we offer:
- Flexible project management – at HeX, we work with an agile methodology, which means that we make the most of digital tools to deliver work efficiently, and can be very flexible to testing results and feedback as the project progresses.
- Meetings – we’re happy to attend meetings to present options and ideas and help with what we know can be complex sign off processes.
- Accessibility – all websites we build are accessible to WCAG2 standards and so you can be confident that you’re delivering digital services that can be accessed by all of your residents.
- Content architecture advice – if you’re not sure where to start with a website redesign, we have years of expertise to help you work out where you want to be, digitally, and how to get there.
- Support with migration – if you are planning on transferring content over from a previous website, we can assist with this.
- Training – we can deliver content management system training to all of the website editors in your council, giving them the skills they need to amend their content.
- Other support services – we understand the impact of council budget cuts and reduction in staffing, and we offer value-for-money content and digital services if you don’t provide them in-house
Contact us to find out more about what we’ve delivered for our local authority clients and to have a chat about your requirements.