Understand how to conduct audit testing of your website’s accessibility. Creating actionable steps and site fixes for internal content editors, designers, and developers.
An essential part of digital accessibility is understanding how to audit your own internal sites. This will allow you to provide accurate feedback to your organisation’s design, development, and content teams. In turn, creating an accessible environment for your site users.
This training course provides guidance on how to test and assess all areas of accessibility on the web.
Accessibility audit training overview
Focusing on the knowledge required to effectively assess basic aspects of your organisation’s online built environment. This will allow you to bring this skill in-house and streamline your accessibility process. Enabling you to create an actionable roadmap of required changes, based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 standards.
Please be aware that this is by no way a replacement for a full user test. Your users are the key holders to your success. We can arrange a full user test from a team who have a range of disabilities, allowing for you to gain a stamp of approval – an accreditation from Shaw Trust Accessibility Services.
Accessibility audit testing learning topics
Our engaging and interactive workshop will include the following topics:
- The different testing methodologies. Looking at the importance of automated, manual, and technical user testing
- A deeper dive into WCAG 2.1 Level A, AA, and AAA standards and equality act regulations
- Understanding success criterion. Find out what is not classed as accessible, and what is partially accessible, and fully accessible
- How to put the design principles P.O.U.R into action
- Assess your content’s language and readability
- Create accessible formats by identifying errors in your website structure, layouts, and content types
- Assessing the accessibility of PDF documents
- An introduction to VoiceOver/NVDA/JAWS and cheat sheet
- How to create an accessibility statement
What our training will help you achieve
- Have the ability to seek our accessibility flaws within your internal websites
- Understand the reasons behind the need for manual user-testing to create online accessible environments
- Have the ability to check your site is perceivable, operable, understandable, and robust
- Gain confidence, knowing that you are creating accessible information in a user-friendly way for your users
- Embed accessibility best practices across your organisation as a whole
- Understand how design and development decisions impact on site accessibility and useability
- Ensure that your organisation stays compliant with accessibility regulations and the equality act
- Have the ability to confidently explain accessibility decisions to colleagues or clients
- Enhance your user’s overall digital experience and improve customer satisfaction
- Understand how disabled people use assistive devices to interact with your web pages
- Gain expertise in creating actionable steps for inclusive site improvements
- Put accessibility at the forefront of all future projects
How we deliver our training sessions
Our trainers understand that your time is precious, that’s why we can tailor our sessions to meet your individual needs.
We offer training over full or half-day sessions, at a time when it works best for you. Providing a choice of:
- Face-to-face sessions
- Online training
- Pre-recorded training to watch in your own time
- Or a mixture of these options!
Interested in our accessibility audit training?
Access audit training with our accessibility experts by filling in the form below: